This Public Service message is by Haqeeqat.org, and personally formatted by Omer Jamil, with such an excellent details containing complete information to help Victims of Flood. Please stand with them in such disaster.
Pakistan’s deadliest floods in decades killed more than 2000 people and overwhelmed government efforts to provide aid, officials and relief workers said. More than 2000 people have died in Pakistan’s northwestern province, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, said Noor Muhammad, a press officer for the provincial development ministry. Government and private relief agencies are managing to provide “only 5 percent of what’s required,” Mujahid Khan, provincial spokesman for the Edhi Foundation, which runs Pakistan’s largest ambulance and rescue services, said by phone from Peshawar.
According to United Nations , about more than 13 Million people affected from this flood, more than Tsunami.
Officials in Pakistan’s other provinces — Punjab, Sindh and Baluchistan — braced for the floodwaters moving down the Indus River and its tributaries. The Sindh government ordered residents evacuated from locales along the Indus.
The floods, which according to U.K. charity Oxfam may be Pakistan’s worst in 85 years, may cut the production of rice, sugarcane and corn by about 10 percent to 15 percent, said Nasir Cheema, president of Pakistan’s Chamber of Agriculture.
Pakistani television networks showed survivors clinging to trees or debris in muddy, raging mountain rivers.
Following is a list of donation links, NGO’s, relief resources, organizations and individuals working to support flood victims of Pakistan. If you are willing to contribute, or know somebody who can help, please contact the following. Please note that besides sending cash through below mentioned charity organizations, you can support by providing following commodities. Please do not donate old/expired stuff. Make sure edible items are hygienic and properly packed:
- Clothing: Clothes of various sizes, Beddings, Shoes
- Utensils: Jerricans (large plastic cans that hold 20 liters of water or other liquids), Crockery, Buckets
- Toiletries: Tissues, Soaps, Dettol (antibacterial cleaners), Towels
- Food: Rice, Sugar, Flour (Atta), Onions, Potatoes, Cooking oil, Tea, Milk (tetra packs or powder), Safe drinking water, Cooked Food
- Water purification tablets.
- Life saving drugs.
- Pain killers including strong ones like morphine derivatives, tremadol, pethadine, kinz, panadol, brufen, voren, synflex
- Antibiotics e.g. Augmenton, Tetnus, Amoxil, Gentamycin.
- IV cannulas- most common are 18,22,24- Butterfly cannulas: these are for children
- IV Drip sets
- IV drips: normal saline, ringerlactate,haemacelle
- Local anesthetics (injections)
- Cotton bandages, cotton.
- Surgical instruments: e.g needle holders, forceps, tweezers, surgical tapes
- Suturing materials, Skin staples, bsorbable and non absorbable: catgut sutures, vicryl, proline
- Bandages: crepe
- Gauze pads
- Folleys catheter and urine bags
- Surgical blades
- IV pain killers: diclofenac
- Pyodene solutions are decontamination
- Cough syrups
- Sedatives: xanax, sossegon
- Antibiotics: again oral and IV: most common are augmentin, ciprofloxacin, ceftriaxone, zinacef,clafron, penicillin G, ampliclox, oral or IV flagyl syrup, cefspan
- Vaccines: inj TT/ inj ATS
CHARITY ORGANIZATIONS IN PAKISTAN:
Al-Khidmat Foundation: Donate here: http://al-khidmatfoundation.org/donate-here.php
Edhi Foundation: Donate here: http://www.edhifoundation.com/contact.asp
Sarhad Rural Support Programme
Concerned citizens based in Lahore are collecting relief items for the Sarhad Rural Support Programme, the largest NGO in the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province. SRSP’s experience and size make it the most suitable choice for donations at this time. They are a part of the Rural Support Programmes Network (rspn.org), founded by Shoaib Sultan Khan, who was nominated for the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize (along with President Obama and others).
People may make donations directly to SRSP, write crossed cheques to us in favor of SRSP or donate relief goods directly to them (which will then be loaded on to trucks headed for SRSP warehouses in Peshawar. People are also welcome to join in the effort of loading the trucks and actually making the trip to the affected areas to see the profound difference their generosity makes in the lives of so many.
The link to their Facebook page is : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120053684708340
Contacy: Umar Agha. Cell: 0321 842-2425 and email: email@example.com
To donate a ( 10 x 10) tent for a family: Rs. 12,000
A huge tent ( 14 x 14) for a few families: Rs. 5,000
A tent for a mosque ( 30 x 30) : Rs. 30,000
Gas Cylinder: Rs. 900
Generator: Rs. 80,000
Food: 8,000/-for one month
Medical Supplies: Rs.20 to 25,000/- ( for one day )
Beds and bedding: 300 per bed
Plastic Tirpal ( shade)( 4 x6) : Rs.900/-
Account Title: Muhammad Faisal
A/c No: 011802008000265
Meezan Bank/ Gulshan-e-Maymar, Karachi.
A/C Title: Tariq Manzoor
Muslim Commercial Bank
Branch Code: 1555
Omar Asghar Khan Development Foundation see: http://www.oakdf.org.pk/
Here is the information required to make a donation:
Title of Account: Omar Asghar Khan Development Foundation
Account #: 0030445261000455
Name of Bank: MCB Bank (1028), Super Market, Islamabad-Pakistan
Swift Code: MUCBPKKAMCC
Tax Exemption: 6043/ATD/2008-09
Pakistan Red Crescent Society:
PRCS has offices in Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and Muzaffarabad. Please see: http://www.prcs.org.pk/help.asp
An independent group of students:
The Volunteers/ Voice of the Civil Society:
VOTCS with the help of our Pak Army jawans will be sending Provisions to the affectees. VOTCS is now a registered (No. DSW 3369-K) welfare organization in Pakistan, and is operating as a Non-Profit, Public Charity in the North America, Inc. – 501(C)(3) Organization(Tax Exempted)
HABIB BANK LIMITED ACCOUNT NO IS 1549-79001393-03
For more info call:
Samina Punjwani@ 786-367-6559 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting786-367-6559end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting786-367-6559end_of_the_skype_highlighting Miami Florida
Young doctors are in the process of arranging a series of free medical camps in the flood affected areas. First Camp is at Nowshera.
Please Contact Ms. Alina Akhyar at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will email you the Trust’s past activities, bank account details and other queries. They have already done some pretty impressive work.
Account number: 00400101065364
Account title: Khadija Nadeem
Chaklala Scheme 3 branch
Khadija is the founding member and handling all donations.
INTERNATIONAL CHARITY ORGANIZATIONS:
Trocaire (an Irish NGO that’s funding Noor Education Trust, Rural Development Project and Pakistan Village Development Program):
Trócaire has already launched an emergency appeal and committed €200,000 to help families and communities in the north west of the country.
In Peshawar district, one of the worst affected areas, Trócaire’s partners have already begun working in 4 villages where 10,000 people need food, water and support.
Trócaire has been working in Pakistan for over 20 years, making it well placed to respond quickly to this disaster and get help quickly to where it’s needed most.
Cecil Dunne, Pakistan emergency officer says the situation is really desperate for over thousands of families who have been forced from their homes. “This is a terrible situation for families and communities who only a year ago had their lives turned upside down by widespread violence in this area and now they are on the run again from flooding. The thing is that the monsoon season hasn’t even started yet so people here are very vulnerable and need immediate help.”
To donate: https://www.trocaire.org/make-a-donation
Islamic Relief USA: Donate here: http://www.islamicreliefusa.org/Page.aspx?pid=463
UNHCR: Donate here: http://www.unhcr.org/emergency/pakistan/global_landing.html
You can also mail your donations to UNHCR:
Private Sector Fundraising
Case Postale 2500
CH-1211 Genève 2 Dépôt
UNICEF USA– Donate Here (URL: Click here)
United Nation’s World Food Programme: Donations are tax deductible for number of countries.
Plan International ( Pakistan specific): https://secure.my-websites.org/supporter/donatenow.do?n=gbss&dfdbid=1044253
IRC (The International Rescue Committee): donate here:http://www.theirc.org/news/irc-team-responds-devastating-floods-pakistan
Islamic Help (England): You can make a cheque/postal order made payable to ‘Islamic Help’ and send it to:
Islamic Help 19 Ombersley Road Balsall Heath Birmingham B12 8UR
Please do not send cash in the post and please do not forget to write your name and address on a piece of paper.
Bank: You can put money directly in their bank account
Name: Islamic Help
Account No: 41687425
Sort Code: 40-42-12
If you are in a country other than the UK, you can go into any bank in the world and quote the following International Bank Account:
Number (IBAN) and Branch Identifier Code (BIC)
IBAN: GB 72 MIDL 404212 41687425
BIC: MIDL GB 2155 G
Muslim Aid (England): Send a cheque or postal order made payable to ‘Muslim Aid’, together with a note of your name and address to:
Muslim Aid, P O Box 3, London, E1 1WP
Donate directly to their bank account:
Name of the Muslim Aid Bank: LLOYDS TSB
Address of the Muslim Aid Bank:
LLOYDSTSB BANK PLC
31 HOLLOWAY CORNER
LONDON N7 8JU
SWIFT/BIC/CODE (OUTSIDE UK): LOYDGB 21180
To donate in pound sterling £
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID-DONATION AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 01436818
Iban (outside UK): GB25 LOYD 3094 2101 436818
To donate in euros
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID- EURO AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 86151365
Iban (outside UK): GB42 LOYD 3094 2186 151365
To donate in dollars $
Name of the account: MUSLIM AID-DOLLAR AC
Sort code: 30-94-21
Account number: 12044226
Iban (outside UK): GB75 LOYD 3094 2112 044226
Muslims Hands: NGO in England. Donate Here:http://www.muslimhands.org/en/gb/appeals/pakistan_flood_crisis/
SAVE THE CHILDRED: (URL: Click here)
Please share this Note. This is also a way of helping.
Please continue praying for Pakistan and these people who have already seen too much of war in their area and now have had to face such destructive flooding, which has displaced and shattered them for life. Let us introspect and become better human beings. May Allah help us All. Amen. “(OMER JAMIL) Haqeeqat.org ”
HSY to stage grand finale at PSFW 2015 with ‘INK’
LAHORE, Pakistan: In the lead up to the 8th PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week (PSFW) being held from the 18 – 21st of April 2015, the Pakistan Fashion Design Council has revealed the names of participating designers, textile houses and high-street brands.
The iconic courtier Hassan Sheheryar Yasin (HSY) is set to close PFDC Sunsilk Fashion Week 2015 with “INK”; a collection inspired by Asia and specifically HSY’s journeys to The Land of Rising Sun.
INK represents the essence of Langkawi, Indonesia, Nagasaki, and Yunnan with natural and indigenous yarns, hand-woven to perfection. Expect the traditional dyeing techniques of Shibori from Nagasaki, Batik from Indonesia, and Gara from Sierra Leone infused with mackintosh, saffron, aubergine, eggshell, rosette, indigo and ochre. Created with the scorching sub continental summer in mind, INK channels versatile hemlines to suit a diversity of younger, older, working men, women and homemakers alike.
Big names that will be missed in this edition of PSFW are:
Fashion giants such as Elan, Shehla Chatoor and Ali Xeeshan are missing from the roster. One may wonder why they choose to miss out on one of the biggest fashion showcases of the year. Ali Xeeshan may be boycotting the event after an unpleasant incident last year at PFDC L’Oreal Bridal Week but what about the rest?
PSFW 2015 kicks off on 18 April and will end on 21 April.
AirAsia Indonesia flight QZ8501 is Probably Found
On early Sunday 28th December, 2014 an AirAsia Indonesia airliner flying from Indonesia to Singapore with 162 passengers on board has gone missing.
Search operation held the answer in the report is very little.
This is the third Malaysian-linked aviation disaster this year (2014) , an AirAsia airliner plane traveling from Indonesia to Singapore disappeared early Sunday over the Java Sea. Search Officials and other experts indicate that it probably crashed into the ocean, and although possible the remains of plane that has been badly damaged or destroyed. has already been spotted, nothing has yet been confirmed.
There were 155 passengers on board, the airliner company said in a statement:
• 138 adults, 16 children and one infant
• Most on board were Indonesian
• Several were from other countries: one UK national, a Malaysian, a Singaporean and three South Koreans
• The BBC understands that the British national is Chi-Man Choi
• Two pilots and five crew were also on board – one French, the others Indonesian
Hurricane Sandy: Ten facts and figures
Hurricane Sandy was a tropical cyclone that severely affected portions of the Caribbean, Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern United States in late October 2012, with lesser impacts in the Southeastern and Midwestern states and eastern Canada.
1. Hurricane Sandy began in Jamaica on October 22nd, developing from an elongated tropical wave near the Caribbean sea.
2. More than 12,000 flights were canceled due to the hurricane and the three main airports which serve New York City were shut down for two days.
3. In one of the worst affected areas, more than 100 homes were destroyed by an overnight blaze in the Irish enclave of Breezy Point in Queens.
4. There was no trading for two days on Wall Street as a result of the storm damage. The last time the New York Stock Exchange closed for two consecutive days for weather-related reasons was 1888.
5. During the height of the storm, estimates suggest there were over three and a half million tweets with the hashtag #Sandy, according to the New York Times. Instagram’s chief executive officer Kevin Systrom told the Associated Press that about 10 pictures per second were being uploaded to Instagram with the hashtag #sandy.
6. Estimated to run into tens of billions of dollars, the scope and cost of the damage is still unknown. Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey called it “incalculable.”
7. In comparison, Hurricane Irene, a New York storm which hit in August of 2011, cost the city alone $55 million, according to the New York Daily News.
8. As a result of the storm, the Greenwich Village Halloween parade was postponed for the first time in the parade’s 39-year-history.
9. Sandy caused the worst damage in the NY subway’s 108-year-history. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority announced limited subway service would resume on Thursday, but significant sections of the largest mass-transit system in the U.S. remain disabled.
10. Over 4.8 million customers remained without power on Thursday morning in 15 states and the District of Columbia, according to CNN. The worst affected states are New Jersey with 1,983,694 customers out of power; New York with 1,514,147; Pennsylvania with 526,934; and Connecticut with 352,286.
Mobile Google CEO Promises 11 Daydream-compatible phones
Mayors agree, Congress should invest in affordable housing
Ford’s 2018 Mustang GT can do 0-to-60 mph in under 4 seconds
Hazrat Ali (R.A ) Beautiful Quotes – Urdu
Zong M9 to Register Number in Advance
How i can Help Flood Victims? Here is how? [Complete Details]
World9 years ago
Hazrat Ali (R.A ) Beautiful Quotes – Urdu
Tech8 years ago
Zong M9 to Register Number in Advance
World9 years ago
Lahore Blast at Yaum-e-S hahadat Ali (RA) procession
World9 years ago
1965 , 6th September Pakistan-India War Documentary [Video]
short fiction9 years ago
The Boarded Window – Ambrose Bierce
World7 years ago
Hazrat Umar Farooq (R.A) Life and Quotes
World8 years ago
Law and Order Situation in Pakistan
Desi Fashion5 years ago
Faraz Manan’s ‘Lyallpur’ Bridal Show [Exclusive Photos]