Arts & Living
Eye Care Tips
Tips for Eye Beauty, Vision Care and Eye Health Care
Eyes are one of the most important organ in the human body and vision is one of the most wonderful gift. But often many people neglect the importance of eye care and do not pay proper attention towards eye care.
Given below are some eye care tips for beautiful and attractive eyes.
* Dip a cotton pad in a cup of water overnight. Strain this in the morning and add 1 cup of plain water to this. Splash the eyes with this water or wash them with the help of an eyecup.
* Dip a pad of cotton wool in rose water to which 2-3 drops of Castor oil is mixed. Place these soaked pads on the eyelids for 15-20 minutes. Eye burns and other problems will be reduced.
* Splash the eyes with a weak n very liter tea solution, thoroughly strained and cooled for 2 to 3 minutes.
* Place Cotton pads dipped in a cold tea solution for an hour on the eyelids for 10 to 15 minutes and relax.
Dark Circles – Natural eye care, removing dark circles
- Grate 3 pieces of cucumber and squeeze them through a muslin cloth and extract the juice. Dip cotton pads in this juice for 2 minutes and place on eyelids and darkened areas. Relax for 15 minutes for best results continue for 2 to3 days.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Tomato pulp,1 pinch of Turmeric powder, half teaspoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of gram flour. Make a paste of the above ingredients and apply gently on the eye lids and the darkened areas and let it remain for half an hour. Remove gently with moist cotton pads after half an hour. Repeat this for a week
Deep Sunken Eyes – Herbal treatment
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey with half teaspoon of almond oil. Apply the above mixture gently on the eyes at bedtime. Repeat this for a week.
- Soak 5 Almonds overnight. Peel them and mix it with a glass of milk eat the almonds by chewing well. Repeat this in the morning for 21 days should definitely help.
- Slice a raw Potato and circle the closed eyes with these halves. Or else grate a raw Potato and place on Muslin cloth and squeeze. Place these on the eyes and relax for 15-20 minutes.
- Place cotton pads dipped in chilled milk before boiling on the eye lids while relaxing for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl of chilled water add few drops of Vitamin E oil. Dip cotton pads for 5 minutes in this and place on the eyes while relaxing for 20 minutes everyday.
Eyecare Instructions for people using computers and computer professionals
Spending long hours in front of television or computers is part of peoples life today. Especially if you are a computer professional, there is usually no escape from it. This causes many eyes and vision related problems in future. Here are some useful
eye care tips for computer users.
- After every 20 to 30 minutes of work, look at a distant away object and blink several times. This will help in better focusing
- Blink frequently. People tend to reduce blink rate while working on computer. This can lead to dry eyes. Try to blink 12 to 15 times every minute.
- Exercise you eyes at frequent intervals. Eye exercise is simple. All you need to do is just blink several times, then close your eyes and role them in clockwise and anti clockwise direction. While doing this, inhale and exhale slowly and open your eyes slowly after doing this.
- Rub your palms against each other till them become warm. Cover your eyes with your warm palms for about a minute. Palming is another great way to relax and soothe your eyes.
- Splashing water on you face during breaks can keep you refreshed. This also helps in cooling your eyes.
- A few minutes of walk during breaks will refresh your body and mind. It is also good for your eyes as walking increases blood supply to your eyes.
- Fix an anti glare screen on to your monitor or use anti glare glass while working on computers. Also position the monitor and lights in such a manner that glare from the screen is minimum.
103 Years old Granny on “Facebook Highway” : World Record
All grandparents are awesome, that is an undeniable fact of life. But some are more awesome than others, and Lillian Lowe ranks highly in my opinion.
How old is the oldest person you are friends with on Facebook? I’m guessing none will be as old as Lillian Lowe from Tenby in Wales. Because at 103-years-old, she is believed to be the oldest person in the world to use Facebook. Even more amazing is the fact she accesses the social networking site via her Grandson’s iPad.
Already known to her grandchildren as Super Gran, they have now re-nicknamed her Superhighway Gran after she joined Facebook despite being several generations older than the average Facebook user. At the moment Lowe has around 30 friends, mostly family, but with the story of her presence on the site spreading around the Web that is sure to rise. That is, at least, if she decides to accept the mountain of friend requests heading her way.
Lowe told Tenby Today:
It’s a wonderful way of finding out about things, but I must say it’s a dreadful time waster!
Her grandson Steve Lowe, who helped set her up on the site and who lends her his Apple iPad to check it regularly, commented:
What’s great about Gran is that she’s not afraid to take things on and is always willing to learn – she’s a great inspiration to us all.
Lowe is thought to be the oldest Facebook user in the world as the former holder of that title, Ivy Bean, sadly passed away earlier this year at the ripe old age of 104. Bean was also considered to be the oldest Twitter user as well, but though Lowe knows what Twitter is, she isn’t yet using the site. Give it time.
This may be a fun little story on the surface but actually it’s one that demonstrates age is no barrier to using technology and the Internet. The iPad, and tablets in general, could help older people take the plunge and begin to explore computers and the Web. And that is something I’d love to see happen more and more.
10-year girl becomes mother in Spain : Father 13 Year Old
MADRID: 10 year old girl has given birth in southern Spain and authorities are evaluating whether to let her and her family retain custody of the baby, an official said on Tuesday.
The baby was born last week in the city of Jerez de la Frontera, said Micaela Navarro, who is the Andalusia region’s minister of social affairs.
Navarro told reporters the father of the baby is also a minor, and both the mother and the baby were in good health. Her department declined to give further details , such as the sex of baby.
The father of the 2.9-kilo (6.4-pound) baby was 13 years old and had remained in Romania, she said, describing him as her daughter’s former boyfriend.
The young mother “is very well, very well, like the daughter who is very well and very pretty,” Olimpia was quoted as saying.
The 10-year-old, discharged after three days at a hospital in nearby Jerez where she gave birth, “is very happy with her daughter. This is a great joy. It is not a drama,” she reportedly said.
National daily said the number of births to girls aged under 15 in Spain had climbed to 178 births in 2008 from 80 in 1997.
Telenor Ad’s Disgracing and giving Disrespect to Women
BY : Mrs. Mehvish Imran
Telenor’s new TV commercial ‘internet more” is based on disgraceful words used against women who form more than 51% of the population of Pakistan. Labeling a college girl as “Taza Hawa Ka Jhonka”, it shows the degradation of society as a whole. It is a source of resentment and an assault on sanctity of women for many believing in social values.
The misuse of technology i.e. mobile internet service has been promoted unethically targeting immature minds of college and school going students. Setting aside the responsibility as a corporate entity, telenor preferred immoral language to promote its services among present and prospective users across the country.
“Jisay Moqa Patay hi Talha Nain Kar Dya TAG” is an offensive street language used in Telenor’s advertisement against women. It’s an insult to one’s intelligence and need to be condemned widely.
Multinationals are expected to follow values that show respect to individuals. Whenever they derail from this, they not only offend their customers but also the larger community they operate in. They are least expected to pick the regressive parts of popular culture and give them a lease of life.
Media’s power to influence public opinion is on the rise in Pakistan. The spread of a message has been increased drastically with the coming in of private TV Channels. At this point of time commercial entities promoting goods and service must work with the highest sense of responsibility. Can Telenor avoid letting down those who are struggling for better gender sensitive society in Pakistan?
Articles13 years ago
Hazrat Ali (R.A ) Beautiful Quotes – Urdu
Tech & Science12 years ago
Zong M9 to Register Number in Advance
Bollywood12 years ago
Veena Malik out from the Bucket : Real Face [Video’s]
Articles13 years ago
How i can Help Flood Victims? Here is how? [Complete Details]
Israel13 years ago
Intelligence Experts Warn Obama, Israel May Bomb Iran This Month
Short Stories13 years ago
The Nicht Afore Christmas – Jamie Cameron
Articles12 years ago
Your Opinion Poll Regarding Salman Taseer’s Killing [VOTE]
International13 years ago
Muhammad Amir might at the end of his career in just Beginning!